Thursday 11 April 2013

Try before you buy (or in this case, try before you download for free!)

How awesome is this!? You can now try playing Quack Attack in your browser :)

The game plays a lot faster and smoother on a real android device (I think the slower your internet connection, the worse the appsurfer gadget performs), but I still thought this cool idea was worth sharing here.

Something tells me I'll be using AppSurfer to help promote my next game, the fact that tilt is simulated is especially cool :)





Preview sessions are limited to a maximum of 10 minutes before the virtual device is wiped, but that should be plenty of time to get a feel for the game, realise it's totes amazeballs, and install for real to play properly on your phone or tablet.

I find the interactive app to be far more engaging than a preview video, my only concern is that some players might be put off by the poor/choppy performance of the virtual device. I guess it should be used in conjunction with a youtube video, and not as a replacement for one.

It's no replacement for downloading the real free game app and playing it on your phone or tablet, but it's still a pretty cool toy to play with :D

No comments:

Post a Comment